Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• J77
    Scotland 

I’ll need to update the maps on my Velar and see if that fixes the lost voice command.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

pdes wrote:
    simonh wrote:
    Have you updated to the latest map? Apparently Nav voice control won’t work until you do.

I upgraded the maps again this morning and the version was just one digit higher! Anyway, it seems to have done he trick. I gave the voice control a very quick test and it worked!

Thanks

Did not work on my car, I will update the Voice control thread with progress
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

found something that's not working in the new update . The seat folding has a bug it will only let you fold of unfold all the seats from the screen. you can select the seat you want to fold and it dose not change just says "fold all". however if you go in to the settings and change the clash avoidance to on then you can fold them individually. Took it to the dealer and showed them its going in again for the 3rd time. not just for that but since the service they have not fixed all the issues and I am giving it to them again to try and fix them.

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Here’s a new one on me.

My D5 now does a beep (like the start of the park sensor sound) whenever I press the rear wash wipe Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Anyone else notice this or is this unique ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Updated the maps on the Velar but still no voice, or text readout so trip to the dealer...... again!

The Incontrol system on my D5 SE was more advanced than the touch pro, in the fact it worked without fault. Laughing you’ve to laugh or you would cry.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Mine is still randomly dropping power to the media ports (as thus the media player connection) and not recognising iphones when plugged in. Just had the media port panel changed as we thought it was a hardware issue. Now it seems like is ICTP seemingly not happy with interrogating what's plugged in and dropping the connection.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • eelpout
    United States 

I brought my '17 Disco HSE Lux in yesterday for a yearly check. I asked for "all the software updates." I saw on the invoice that some engine, CPU stuff was updated, but I noticed the InControl interface looked the same when I got home, i.e. no new "seat icon", voice nav, texting etc. I assume this means mine wasn't updated. Sad

Do I need to ask for InControl to be updated specifically, even though the updates have been out for so long?? That's a bit annoying, unless some dealers are holding back if there are issues with them.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Mines had latest ICTP but I don’t have the text function at all. Also forgets I don’t want keyboards clicks even though it’s set to off. Depending on where and when the keyboard appears I get clicks or no clicks.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 

so simonh do you have a deplorable tow bar? If so after the update dose it forget its deployed once you turn the ignition off? mine started to do that and you can then only put it back from the boot switch. also if you dont mind would you check and see if you turn off the anti-collision in the seat folding settings screen can you select and fold the seats individually?

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Hi, no deplorable ( Wink ) tow bar on mine. I can fold the 60/40 split seats independently yes. I had the seat module updated though as my drivers seat wasn't always returning to its previous position when using the row three access buttons on the row two seats.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 

so when you say module update was that hardware or software?

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

A software update. Also they re-calibrated the seats (never knew seats needed calibrating !).

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • eelpout
    United States 

I asked my dealer why they don't automatically do InControl updates and they said plainly (after I realized they had not updated my MY17) that the updates tend to introduce more new problems than fix things. Rolling Eyes

They'll do them of course if one insists, but they don't recommend it. Guess I'll watch this thread and wait to see if the software stabilizes.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Well my car is back in for the software issues since the update and so far they have no idea how to fix or cure the problems and are waiting on LR technical
    It is also in for a bang/cracking noise from underneath which they can hear but cannot trace
    Oh well will see what happens

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Is the noise at low speed? And from the rear end?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum