Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

I have an appointment at the dealership on Monday to have my Remote Start issues looked at and also an issue i have with the TPMS showing a fault intermittently since i changed my tyres for winter ones.

So i asked if there was an update for my D5 and was told the LR system tells them i am up to date. I took delivery at the end of September and i keep reading about update this and update that on this forum.

Am i missing something ? I thought i should have an update to the Infotainment as mentioned in this thread.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

Apparently the UK gets updates that we in Canada do not get.
    Update are done by VIN and not by model.
    All seems strange to me.

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thats ridiculous! If an update either fixes something thats not working as expected, or adds extra functionality, then it should be applied across the board. As far as I know, any update would do either, or both of these.

It shouldn't matter where abouts you are in the world.!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Does this supersede Update V3?

Title
    SSM73677 - Infotainment InControl Touch Pro features may not function as expected
    Global reference SSM73677
    Navigation path Bulletins Special Service Messages Electrical
    Publication date
    08-Dec-2017 17:57:49
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

rogersmj wrote:
    Thats ridiculous! If an update either fixes something thats not working as expected, or adds extra functionality, then it should be applied across the board. As far as I know, any update would do either, or both of these.

Software is a funny thing - beware any developer who says, "it's just a few lines of code..."

Since we over here in the Colonies drive on the wrong side of the road (and the car), I've noticed, for instance, that the order of the buttons on the bottom of the screen is reversed vs. what you all in the land of Pimm's and cucumber sandwiches get.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Thats to allow you left hookers to reach the Home and other common buttons more easily Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

rogersmj wrote:

That's what i thought. You don't wait until a few have the bug, you implement the update across the world. Obviously with the local differences such as driving side etc.

Maybe the UK is the testing ground for updates (being near the mother ship) and only once it's been cleared of most faults will it go worldwide ?

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

simonh wrote:
    Thats to allow you left hookers to reach the Home and other common buttons more easily Smile

Yep. But the damn volume knob is still all the way over on the other side! Neutral

Yes, yes, I have the steering wheel controls, and the passenger can reach it more easily, but my passengers know better than to mess with my tunes. Laughing
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

My cars in the garage today for some software updates.

Theres the tow bar one, the oil dilution one and other one to do with Bluetooth. I asked about applying this update, so hopefully that will also be done.

Can't wait to get it back, the Jag loan car is crap! How do people like these things!? Its too close to the ground, uncomfortable and boring! lol
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

My tow are update yesterday included a new switch in the boot which has a rim around it to prevent accidental operation..

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

rogersmj wrote:
    My cars in the garage today for some software updates.

Theres the tow bar one, the oil dilution one and other one to do with Bluetooth. I asked about applying this update, so hopefully that will also be done.

Can't wait to get it back, the Jag loan car is crap! How do people like these things!? Its too close to the ground, uncomfortable and boring! lol

Do you have rear screen entertainment? If so the r3.2 general update for the ICP is no it available yet
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

So cars back and the updates have been done. However this V3 update isn't available yet apparently...

They told me a V4 was released for testing on the 8th December, so this is expected to supersede V3 and be available early January 2018.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Odd the V4 is showing on Topix and I am booked in on the 28th for the update?
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Very strange.

would love a screenshot if you wouldn't mind, i'll print it off and ask my dealership whats going on!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum