Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Wow, these updates are coming thick and fast. I guess thats what you would expect with a new car, problem is you never know when to get the updates as a newer one is just round the corner!

A bit like buying a computer, after 2 weeks the top of the range one you've just bought is out of date!
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I'm surprised that the updates cant be done overnight via wifi (obviously while parked in range of a wifi signal) similar to updating a laptop overnight, instead of having to take the car to a dealer for hours. I imagine it's because the updates are rather large and complex, not to mention the need for security, but just a thought that's all.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

That would be such a good idea! I think that what the Tesla cars do from what i've heard.

Is there anyway to see these updates and read the details of what each do? I guess that'll be on this 'Topix' system?
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Imagine updating your D5 though the IOS or Android App Store Rolling with laughter
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

rogersmj wrote:
    That would be such a good idea! I think that what the Tesla cars do from what i've heard.

Is there anyway to see these updates and read the details of what each do? I guess that'll be on this 'Topix' system?

Yes I am going to watch for the next update and then book in quickly while it is still the latest update! Rolling with laughter
  • Matt
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Mine's been in today for the update.

I got a call at lunchtime saying that they've not done it due to a bug in the update which can potentially kill the RSE screens. This is apparently showing on their system as a direct instruction from LR not to install it on HSE Lux models.

Call me a sceptic but I kind of get the feeling that I'm being fobbed off...unless anyone else has experienced the same?

On the plus side, the car came back clean Very Happy
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I think that is what it says on Topx regarding cars with RSE
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Mine was in today for this and they sad the same to me. As I’ve RSE they couldn’t undertake the update.

The good news however is that they’ve (hopefully) sorted the HVAC issue, so the screen might clear and hopefully the cabin doesn’t keep fogging up,

Only one downside today, when I collected my car it seems that my sunroof has cracked! I’m not happlh! but they’ve assured me it’s safe to drive. Interestingly we scoured to outer roof and it doesn’t seem to have any impact damage or cracks (but light was against us) and it seems that only the internal laminate has cracked?

The cars in again next week to check the sunroof more closely and hopefully they take responsibility for it, as (as far that I’m aware) it wasn’t like it when they collected my vehicle this morning. ☹️
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Matt wrote:
    Mine's been in today for the update.

I got a call at lunchtime saying that they've not done it due to a bug in the update which can potentially kill the RSE screens. This is apparently showing on their system as a direct instruction from LR not to install it on HSE Lux models.

Call me a sceptic but I kind of get the feeling that I'm being fobbed off...unless anyone else has experienced the same?

On the plus side, the car came back clean Very Happy

I can confirm that this is currently correct. Mine went in for an update at the end of August following sat nav black screen issues. They did the update and fixed the black screen issues but then I lost ALL use of the RSE. My dealers were excellent and had lots to do with LR and several software patches over a few days before they finally got things working.
    My screen now shows the newer seat outline but does not show the mountain sign, it shows the 4x4i so i guess I am now halfway through an update. Confused

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Oh ? I’ll speak to Shukers and ask. Do you know when and what’s new?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

End of August beginning of September

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Phil
    United Kingdom 

My FE also went in to have a number of issues resolved including issues with the cameras either staying on or not activating which I was informed was as simple as a software update. Unfortunately the update 'killed' the infotainment control unit and it took 3 weeks to obtain another and I still have the 'camera issue'. Rolling Eyes
    Be careful what you wish for with these updates Laughing

Disco 5 First Edition, Namib Orange,
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

jimbg wrote:
    I think that is what it says on Topx regarding cars with RSE

It does. And as I noted above.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    End of August beginning of September

It’s now Dec??

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Yes but they still have not got a proper fix for it yet

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum