Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

InControl Touch Pro Phase 3 Update

Can anyone let me know what this update did and also how to see what version it brings the system up to (also where to check)?

Want to make sure I have the latest version.

Cheers

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Blast!! When I saw the title I thought you were going to tell all! Rolling with laughter

I do not think there is anyway of checking?

Topix will give you the release date ( I cannot get in to check at the moment ), if your car has not been in for an update since then, you obviously will not have it.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Sorry Wink

It’s an ex LR managment car and I only picked it up yesterday so I have no idea if they keep them up to date or not.

If I knew what the update fixed I could maybe tell if it’d had the update.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I had mine done last week. Easiest way to tell is that the seat icon is different and an off road tab has a new icon at the bottom (the seat now has 3 sections and the mountain icon is new, the old one says 4x4i). This was added in the phase 3 so if you have it then it has been done.

Old one (nicely showing a screen rendering issue in commutes that is now fixed)

Click image to enlarge

New layout following Phase 3

Click image to enlarge
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Neil. Perfect answer.

Mine hasn’t been done. Will book it in Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 

Other than the different icons generally it feels more robust and a number of usability improvements (settings are more logical for example) and less hesitancy in the UI. This is the second upgrade I have had and each one has been significantly better. ICP is definitely work in progress but this does seem a good step forward. It was to fix a number of issues on mine, mainly with it failing to shut down.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

My car is due in for some 'updates' on the 13th Dec, they said theres 3 outstanding so I guess this will be one of them?

I'm guessing that there are updates/fixes that they apply to fix a fault, and updates/fixes that are done as a matter of making the vehicle 'better'? Is this correct, or do they just add thee updates anytime they can when a car is in a dealership?
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 

You should certainly request that they do a general update as you want the general improvements that you get in ICP as well as specific bugs or issues. It takes a reasonable amount of time so I guess unless you have a specific reason they may not do the upgrade, and some software is module specific ( my tow bar module was on a old version and had been missed and caused it to partially deploy).

The release notes are not particularly detailed as to exactly what issues are addressed. Having said that for most issues they will want the software to the latest version before they do to much diagnosis.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Booked in for the update Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

I checked with my dealership, and this update isn't on the 'major' update list. Mine wasn't originally due to have this update. The major ones I have listed is the Oil Dilution fix, the Service Duration one and the deployable tow bar fix.

I've requested this one, and they have added it to the list, so hopefully it'll be done. I guess with the images in this post, I can tell straight away if its been applied.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

The oil dilution update will be a service action and should show up on TOPIx for your car.

It’s not being done on vehicles with rear seat entertainment though currently due to some issues.

According to the update document it also adds the ability to read text messages :

SITUATION:
    Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) have developed the latest software upgrade in response to customer feedback on the performance of the InControl Touch Pro system. Some customers may have experienced poor infotainment performance/reliability and this software upgrade is designed to enhance the robustness of the following features and functions;

• Introduction of text message capability to the InControl Touch Pro system. • The navigation screen supports switching between 'Night' and 'Day' mode.

• User able to synchronize the locations between InControl Application (ICA) and the embedded navigation.

• Improved Bluetooth® connectivity.

• Touchscreen (TS) freezing issues when CD inserted in 'Dual view' mode.

• 'DVD Disc Error' is displayed on the Touchscreen (TS) after a Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) is inserted.

• 'Camera System Not Available, Consult Your Dealer' pop-up message displayed on when activating reverse.

• Screen blank when restarting the car after an immediate shut-down.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info. I might 'mention' that I have an issue with the infotainment system - that might make sure they apply this update. Naughty I know, but it'll get me the software update! Very Happy

Actually when I look at the list you have provided, I do get a problem if I restart the car fast, the screen stays blank for a long time before resetting.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Anyone know how long does it take to do this update?

I have the camera issue that I would like fixed, but would like to wait while it is being applied to avoid having to organise a loan car.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

It takes a good few hours I think.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Just called to book in for this and advised to wait as another update is imminent!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum