Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Panoramic Roof Blind Auto Close

Hi all,

i'm having a strange thing starting to happen and I don't know if its due to something i've set...

When I start the car, the Panoramic roof blinds open automatically. And also when I lock the car, the blind close themselves!

I've looked around the manual for some ideas as to a setting within the global locking side, to see if this is expected, but can't find anything....

Anyone know where this is controlled? It didn't originally happen. I was wondering if the updates I had to the car last week might have changed this?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I thought only MY18 did that?
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Me too!?!?

I've been trying to get hold of the dealership, as i'm sure its got something to do with the updates they done.

Another strange thing is that when I unlock the car (by using the 'put my hand on the door handle gesture), the car unlocks, but then I get 2 'beeps' as though theres a problem?? Its the same sound you get if you try and lock the car and a doors still open..
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am starting to dread taking mine to the dealer in a couple of weeks!
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Lol, I know what you mean! Mine seems to come out of the dealership with more wrong with it than it was before it went in!

I've just found a small note on one of the manuals that says the beeps are due to a fault with the alarm sensors... great, another trip to the dealership next week!
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Does your roof blind always open? On MY18 it goes/stays where you left it when you got out.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I find the buttons handy enough not to need auto close and open Laughing

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Yulong White

It's a setting I believe - during the handover mine set to open also - but I can't find how to disable this now...
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

My blinds are set to auto but can’t remember where the option is. I think it’s in the touchscreen options somewhere. I think it’s a pretty cool ( no pun intended) feature, especially when mine arrives in Cyprus in a few weeks ready for the summer.
  • Jjyoungjsy
    Jersey 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I can’t find any settings but mine is a MY18 and the behaviour is that if you leave the blinds closed they they closed but if you leave the blinds open they’ll close when you lock the car and reopen when you start the car.

Santorini Black HSE Lux Si6 with Black Pack, HUD, TV, Park Assist & 22"
  • Hessel
    England 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

AUTOMATIC ROOF BLIND:
    The automatic operation of the roof blind can be adjusted via the climate settings screen on the touchscreen display.

When the feature is selected and the doors are locked, the roof blind closes automatically. When the engine is running, the roof blind returns to the previous open position.
    Thumbs Up
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

You beat me to it... 20 minutes of stoping and starting, locking and unlocking, getting in and out..

It seems to simply remember how you left it before you got out and locked up.

As Hessel said - it's likely that this behaviour can be overridden from the climate settings - but I am happy with this as it is.

18MY Yulong White HSE
    I may be a while
  • davidlc
    France 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

PANORAMIC ROOF BLIND RESET
    The fixed panoramic roof blinds need to be reset if the battery is disconnected, becomes discharged, or the power supply is interrupted.
    To reset the panoramic roof blind:
    Switch on the engine.
    With the blinds closed, press the front of the front blind switch and hold it for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, the front and rear blinds fully close. If already in the closed position, an audible click sounds. Release the switch. Within 5 seconds, re-press and hold the front of the front blind switch until the blinds complete a full open and close cycle.
    Once the rear blind stops moving, release the switch.
    The blinds can now be operated as normal.

Regards - David
    LRD5 HSE Luxury TD6
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Imbaw wrote:
    You beat me to it... 20 minutes of stoping and starting, locking and unlocking, getting in and out..

It seems to simply remember how you left it before you got out and locked up.

As Hessel said - it's likely that this behaviour can be overridden from the climate settings - but I am happy with this as it is.

Is this just on MY18 cars

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Imbaw
    United Kingdom 

Sorry Russell - I couldn’t say.

I’m not entirely sure I know how my own car works - the manual is awful and I haven’t been able to sit in it long enough to work it out.

18MY Yulong White HSE
    I may be a while
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum