Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Depetchey, it takes a while for topix to get updated once campaigns are carried out. Also, service due in 1200 miles is almost certainly your count down to the 12 months service. One of the campaigns is to split the oil service mileage from the annual service hence why you've got another service reminder.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1
    Thanks for your input, that's what I was hoping for. Just wasn't sure if the car would recognise that a twelve month service is coming up, or if the service intervals are only recognised by mileage (16000 service interval)
    If that makes any sense!
    Cheers!
  • jdr0-3
    United Kingdom 

I have now received the "Service due in 1800 miles" message the car has covered 7000 miles. The service milage appears to be dropping far quicker than actual miliage covered - this morning I am down to 1100 miles.
    So question is what happens when I hit 0 miles ?
    The dealer says it is software update but can't look at the car untill 11th April at this rate I am going to hit service due before then. Sad
  • Sodbury D5
    United Kingdom 

I’ve done 5000 miles and service showing due in 3000. Already had to have DEF filled up at 4500 miles, that’s showing due in 6000 miles.

Car is booked in for the ICTP update in a few weeks and will make sure they do the oil dilution update too.

But annoying that an emissions control function requires specific trips to the dealer that just burns useless fuel.

James
  • Phill
    United Kingdom 

Just had my first service earlier this week at 5500 miles (car was off the road for its first 3 months due to keyless entry issues). Original owner returned the car at 350 miles. To be fair since I have had the car there have been no real issues, except DEF fluid top-up 4500 miles. Now showing oil change in 2500 miles which is strange as it was changed at the service 50 miles ago.
    There were also 4 outstanding campaigns. Job sheet for the service listed only 2 and one of those to be rebooked.
    Service agent said all work had been completed but I'm not convinced.
    Tried to talk to the service dept all week but they never return calls so I'm off to see them this week.
    After sales service is usual Land Rover standard - poor.

Update:
    Vehicle went back to the dealer for the updates to be completed and guess what - yep, N071 - spare wheel not done, need to rebook for work to be completed.
    N118 - service req'd message, completed but oil change still needed in 1500 miles. It was serviced with oil; change 300 miles ago, so it's going back again for that to be sorted.
    N135 - air suspension warning - done, but don't know how to check and quite honestly I don't care any more.
    Seriously thinking of chopping it back for a RRS. My last RRS HSE Dynamic never had any of these issues.
    Some things you can put up with, but this is getting to be a joke. JLR need to raise their game and quickly.

Last edited by Phill on 26th Mar 2018 8:33 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

My car is in for it's first service this week and I will check the car before I leave and look and the distance to the next oil change.

I m sure it will say 16,000 miles!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Whistle
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Yeah, but not for long! Laughing
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

How do i check how many miles to service ?

Mine has a lofty 175 miles on the clock, Picked up new with 11 miles on, i'm wanting to keep a log of miles now in as new state V's 1,000 miles, 2,000 miles and so on to show the deterioration in service due against miles covered, If that makes sense.

Then if and when i have engine trouble further down the road i can show this as evidence, and id also like to keep an accurate record for my own curiosity.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

Turn on the ignition, but don't start the engine (press start without your foot on the brake).

Navigate to 'Vehicle Information' in the instrument info screen using the steering wheel buttons. Service info can be found there, along with distance left until you need to top up your adblue.

Last edited by Teemo on 14th Mar 2018 10:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Chalkys HSE wrote:
    How do i check how many miles to service ?

Mine has a lofty 175 miles on the clock, Picked up new with 11 miles on, i'm wanting to keep a log of miles now in as new state V's 1,000 miles, 2,000 miles and so on to show the deterioration in service due against miles covered, If that makes sense.

Then if and when i have engine trouble further down the road i can show this as evidence, and id also like to keep an accurate record for my own curiosity.

...and take an oil sample for independent analysis right before you drop it off for service each time as well, and/or as soon as you get the "service now" notification.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, just done a quick check, how many miles does it count down from ? Surely not 16:000

I’ve had it 1 week.

Covered 432 Miles
    Service 9400 Miles
    DEF 7829 Miles

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have just had my first service and I checked it before I drove away and it read 16,000.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Great, looks like I’m ready for the first service week after next Shocked

• Sodbury D5
    United Kingdom 

Service due soon light just came on at 5500 miles. Is booked in for various updates shortly but will they have to service it though?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Should just change the oil free of charge
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum