Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Chalkys HSE wrote:
    mordred1973 wrote:
    No, oddly been told Guy Salmon are considerably better than Marshall Bedford!

I'm using Marshalls Peterborough ! Never Again....

Thanks
    Both - Marshall’s Bedford was going to be a possible but looks like they are out
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

exactly, It used to be you get what you pay for, Now you pay for what you get.... and then some !

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

if I was paying for what I get, it would have cost me zilch lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Went on a "Farmers drought relief run" with the 4WD club. A weekend in west NSW, taking a few trailer loads of supplies to the community. Camped at the back of the pub.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Blizzard: No problem

Despite road closures, 40-50mph winds, and low visibility, my D5 on snow tires cruised right in to work for "mandatory" all-day meetings with the CEO and VPs. Punched through a few 2-foot drifts with a laugh.

Then, because the boss couldn't get in, they delayed the meetings. Rolling Eyes
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

IndusD4 wrote:
    Went on a "Farmers drought relief run" with the 4WD club. A weekend in west NSW, taking a few trailer loads of supplies to the community. Camped at the back of the pub.

Awesome stuff well done! , Them folks have had it hard this last year. Seen some amazing Drought relief efforts from Charity's!

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

The trip was a bit of an eye opener. It was all in the news back around September last year and then nothing, so living in the city getting enough rain you get the impression they get the rain there as well. But the drought is far from over, and it will take a few good years for these guys to recover fully.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Well done Ron
    Would like to know more once I get the new car that can tow something decent.

Cheers
  • sbrown
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Picked up the new tool today - towed great over the 100 mile journey even if it was a bit further back on the trailer than I'd have liked due to the fork attachment in there as well.

Contrary to others I do like the 2L engine, even with the best part of 3T behind it handled everything thrown at it without an issue and still averaged over 23mpg

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dropped car off at garage this morning to get the AEB sorted (N227 recall), and its first service along with any updates.
    Picking up this evening fingers crossed after work.
    Came back in Disco Sport - such a difference in quality, ie engine noise, ride quality and interior trim finish, compared to the D5 - like chalk and cheese.
    Give me the D5 anyday Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

sbrown wrote:
    Picked up the new tool today - towed great over the 100 mile journey even if it was a bit further back on the trailer than I'd have liked due to the fork attachment in there as well.

Contrary to others I do like the 2L engine, even with the best part of 3T behind it handled everything thrown at it without an issue and still averaged over 23mpg

Bit of an overhang there?? Very Happy

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Picked up D5 from local dealer after warranty work, 2 new sensors and a 'flap' component somewhere in the exhaust system. No MIL on dash now,

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Went out with the kids for the afternoon.

• Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Taken mine into the Dealer as all wifi functionality has disappeared! They indicated that they would have to swap out the whole unit, I suppose as its non serviceable by their staff.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Nice day today again. Off to the mother in laws to change a fridge bulb. Rolling Eyes

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum