↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

MURPHY108 wrote:
    Hi All ,

Any help or photo,s much appreciated Confused

Thanks

See my post with photos above. The guy who did it put the excess wire under the panel in the tailgate down the lefthand side below where you see it popping out of the paenl and running along the corner of the panel & glass.

Andrew
  • MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

Update - for anyone looking to do this

Once through the rubber grommet between the car body and boot you can get a cable draw (i used 2 long cable ties joined together) down to the hole where the heated screen cable is about a third of the way down the LH side of the boot (the cap just pops off) from there you can push the cable into the gap between the boot trim and glass and mount the rear camera at the top of the rear screen. The cable is only visible where it plugs into the camera.

Advantage for me is I can see the rear camera in the mirror so can see if it is working.

All done in 15 mins with no drilling or permanent mods to the car Very Happy
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

Sounds a good way to do it. Must have a try when I’ve time.
  • RRUK
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just to add to this thread, if you are using the front fuses and looking for an earth, you can make your own simply, there's some metal frame in view you can tap into and mount the earth cable on that.

2019 D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE LUX Dynamic
    1998 Defender Wolf 110 TUM FFR
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Anyone fitted a dash cam to a MY22/23 and gone the piggyback fuse route?

I’m having trouble finding a reliable perm and ignition live. Wondered what fuses others had used

I’d still be suprised if they’ve gone the route of changing the fuse box on a model change but does look slightly different

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum