Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Did the world famous, since Top Gear of course, Llogara pass for the fifth time and still stunning. Voted with reason one of the most beautiful mountain passes and roads in the world:

And here the link to the Top Gear footage Wink

• Labbix

And seen from the sea:

Stunning sea as well actually...

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Beautiful locations and pictures, Labbix!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Labbix wrote:
    Did the world famous, since Top Gear of course, Llogara pass for the fifth time and still stunning. Voted with reason one of the most beautiful mountain passes and roads in the world:

Beautiful! But looks like it would be more fun in a rear-drive GT....
  • Labbix

Haha, absolutely correct on that one!
    But the kids wouldn’t appreciate as much Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Not what I did for a change, but what the Mrs ended up aquiring today.

Taking collegues out for lunch this afternoon, on the way back, she ended up with a crack on the windscreen.

Seems the motorbike in front flicked up a stone. A loud crack and a spiderweb about size of a 5p piece just about an inch above the drivers side wiper.

Second time this has happened within 18 months, and first time this has happened to her. Was also first time it ever happened to me, 18 months ago. Never had issues on the D3 or D4. Just a few chips peppered over the screen, minus the 🕸.

Glad it wasn't me, as last time I got an earful.

Anyhow unless it gets worse, she has decided not to replace it. Sods law it will probably happen again, what with the possible gritting of roads later in the year she said, but I reckon the frost will end up making it worse over time.

Am convinced that Pilkington UK is a superior brand, compared to the the current SAINT-GOBAIN SEKURIT French brand, which LR seems to be using.

Is it possible outsourcing these from a different country means they are of inferior quality, as they are probably cheaper?

I also think the heated elements sandwiched between the 2 layers of glass does not help with the overall structural integrity of the screens strength either Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Here in Colorado, windshields are consumable items. I didn't get the heated windshield because that basically means a fairly significant insurance claim to replace on an almost annual basis as they're so expensive.

If you don't want to get it replaced, you may be able to fill it before it spreads across the windshield. Should be a nominal fee and they're durable, and unless directly in your line of sight they "disappear". Here in the States most insurance companies even do it for free.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yes I am aware Autoglass can do a free smart repair, using a composite gel type substance which they fill the crack with.

First time it happened, I posted on here and a forum member said the smart repair made it look worse, and ended up replacing the screen.

So I just bit the bullet, payed the excess, and got the screen replaced last time. Luckily no leaks or water ingress. (I put photos up of the work they did).

Will leave it to the Mrs to sort out this time as she knows better. Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • craigblues
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Re: Met a narrow bridge!!

jimbg wrote:
    https://youtu.be/EhHTLPLmNHs

It has a 2 metre width restriction and 3.5 tonne weight limit.

Wife was not impressed with my choice of route!!

Rolling with laughter Where is this? Very Happy
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Here:- https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9280848,1....384!8i8192

On the D80 close to Carennac in France where we were renting a house.
  • craigblues
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Thanks!
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

paddling...

Bit damp again...several miles of flooded lanes later...no issues just serene comfort and offroad height.. Cool
    Amazes me how some folk just don't understand floods and standard height 2cars" Whistle Rolling Eyes
    Someone even resorted to a handwritten sign stating 4x4 only..but didn't stop em.

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

We had rain all of last week, but today ...... won’t last that said. Laughing

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Nice!
    That mainly came down in saturday night! put some down..not seen it that bad since 2015

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • pouls1
    Sweden 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I bought it... today... in the UK, a one year old SD6 Lux with app 7000 miles on it and then asked the dealer to add roof rails and a tow-bar - pretty much the only that were missing.

Soon it will be shipped to Cyprus where I spend the winter. Can't wait to explore the island with it - and to see it for the first time... the car Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum