Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Very cool Blackfly Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Fuji White

Had the first 4x4 response job with my partners D5 this weekend .. Mazy Day in Penzance ...
    The vehicle was well admired and did a great job of traffic management !

Then took it camping along with my 110 - and did some exploring around the south of Cornwall while we where there

Team Wyvern, 4x4 Response - DC126 & DC127,
    Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dropping off this morning too get the AEB looked at, the popping and banging sensors and the phase 4 update.

In for at least 4 days before a case can be raised so looking like going too be in for a week at least.

Wonder what the Mrs will get back as a courtesy vehicle?

Hopefully a FFRR but more likely an Evoque Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Good luck, your car has exactly the same shortcomings as mine, when was it built? Mine March 7 2018, HSE lux version. Will take an appointment again for all what’s not working when we are back from holidays, hopefully yours will get sorted quickly and be really fully functioning as it should!
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Also had a camping weekend on the Baltic seashore on the Germany side.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Labbix wrote:
    Good luck, your car has exactly the same shortcomings as mine, when was it built? Mine March 7 2018, HSE lux version. Will take an appointment again for all what’s not working when we are back from holidays, hopefully yours will get sorted quickly and be really fully functioning as it should!

Thanks Labbix, i will keep you updated with regards too the AEB fix, fingers crossed.

It was ready for pick up on March 2nd 2018, also an MY18, and also an HSE LUX.

I presume the build commenced either Dec or Jan time, ready for March delivery.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just away to pick up the car after being away for 2.5 weeks. Still not fixed. Will report back a bit more indepth once I speak to the tech, who was working on it.

• Labbix

Hi, mine didn’t go in yet as they had no clue how to fix it. Will call them again this week to inform what the current situation is, although I have no high hopes.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well the phase 4 was installed. Seems alot more user friendly and I prefer the way it's set out. Fridge works as does the RSE.

Sensors still crackling and popping, even after fitting a new amp. Was told they were sorted but obviously not!

Still no luck with the AEB. Reckon a new software program is needed to fix it. Maybe 6 days or 6 weeks or 6 months? They dont know.

Reckon LR will probably put out a RECALL, the garage said as they can't fix it.

Car was washed and hoovered the day before it was dropped off, so any damage is noticeable beforehand or when returned. (Not that there was any damage I hasten to add beforehand).

Well it was returned with a nasty 3 inch gouge in the drivers side doorcard low down which was deffo not there when car was dropped off.

Yes I know it's easy too scuff the door card with your shoe, but this looks like a screwdriver marked it Crying or Very sad

Not sure if they took the headlining off or if they took the dash off, but I found a washer in the passenger footwell and a large broken clip on the rear floor mat.

Rubber trim on rear door was also hanging off, leading me too suspect the head liner was removed.

Not happy as I doubt that the lost / broken bits were replaced as probably thought the owner will not know any better. Just waiting for the panels too start squeaking now Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th Aug 2018 10:05 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Are you going to question the dealer about that ?

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • stiff
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Finally had time to get the split-charge install finished. I’ve used a kit from Traxide (used Tim’s kits in D3 and D4 before and always found them reliable and easy to install). As I have a 5 seat HSE the aux battery can be in the rear which makes cabling easier. Cut out the styrene and the battery drops in. Added a 6-way power distribution board - so far only for permanent USB socket, 1 normal 12v socket and 1 magcode socket (I’ve installed these in my D3 as well. Engel and some other items now have these as plugs. They are flatter, easier to attach/take off and a solid connection). Controller is hidden away under the boot floor cover. The Traxide comes with a simple control box which I haven’t yet decided where to mount so one thing more to do....but there is always “one more thing to do...” 😄 And of course there is always one screw leftover after putting the boot floor back together 🙄 Hardest part? Getting that bloody main battery cover off....and then trying to get it back on 😡

2018MY HSE Si6
    D3 2007MY HSE with a couple of extras....
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Knew it wouldn’t be long until the mods for the Pyrenees appear. Whistle
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

stiff wrote:
    Are you going to question the dealer about that ?

Hi Stiff I went back as soon as I had filled up the tank with petrol. Was only then that I noticed the gouge as I jumped back into the car.
    Decided to wash it today and hoover the interior, only to find several issues.
    Not happy as passenger seat was smeared with oily residue from a manky boiler suit. Never had the decency to use a plastic seat cover over it.
    Drivers seat also had a black stain on it. I deliberately left the seat cover on that I bought for it, but the bottom half was not on properly. It had ridden back, so to speak and was only half on, hence the blob of what looked like tar was smudged on the cream leather.
    Oily fingermarks on driver side next to the window switches.
    The gloss black door pillar on drivers side has been scored and its gone through the ceramic coating Big Cry
    I think when shutting the door with grit on hands has caused this. You can feel the scratch.
    Passenger side door strip has a nick taken out of it which has chipped the ceramic coating.
    Leather has a slit on the top of the central console lid.
    Loose panel in the boot. Never even fitted panel properly.
    Drivers side Discovery logo panel kickplate was not fitted properly either. Had to click it back into place.
    Car was damage free as I washed and dried it the day before it was dropped off. Really Censored off at the blatant disregard for other peoples property.
    I bet if I handed the courtesy vehicle back in this state that they would not have been happy.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Windscreen

Well car went in to get the windscreen fitted this morning.

I emailed the company weeks ago, saying that i wanted a genuine screen, and not a 3rd party Mickey Mouse one.

No problem they said, as will order via the cars VIN plate number, but it will take longer than getting a 3rd party one which was readily available. So decided to wait obviously.

Anyhow i spoke too the guy on the phone, 6 odd emails, plus photos of the windscreen with the symbols on it and i stipulated to them it has the Solar Attenuated Windscreen, but not the HUD.

Well as soon as we got home, the screen looked alot CLEARER so too speak.

Only when i checked did notice that it only had the 2 symbols, and not the 3 symbols like the original.

Phoned them straight away and were very apologetic.

Seems LR sent the wrong screen out, but i highly doubt they have known that i ordered the Solar Attenuated when i purchased the vehicle, unless they looked at my order.

Not sure if they update on the cars VIN when it left the factory that it had SAW ?

What i will say is that if anyone is getting a replacement screen, ask too see it first and make sure that its the correct one. Nothing worse than having the HUD fitted, only to notice that its not compatable with the normal screen.

I did ask about the glass being thinner and the tech told me indeed it is thinner and not the first D5 to be in for a screen. Thinner glass to save on weight apparently he said and cost.

However i would prefer thicker glass like Pilkington which was on the D4, which is not so fragile.

Cars going in again as soon as the proper one is sourced. Rolling Eyes

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

When Autoglass ordered the screen it should have been cross referenced against the vin, which on topix shows all the spec of your car incl solar attenuating screen, so someone clearly hasnt done there job thoroughly.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum